Monday, March 31, 2008

I see, I desire

Obsession and desire- integral parts of love, as well as shopping. Every week I find myself feverishly searching google or eBay for some random thing that all of a sudden, I must have. Kind of a Daisy Buchanan/ Telltale Heart thing.

For the past two weeks I have been looking for the perfect pair of brogues (or oxfords, whatev). I think they are a refreshing and more polished option to accompany a skinny jean, or a short skirt instead of the ubiquitous ballet flats or keds. Needless to say, they can not be of the 80s Capezio or Repetto jazz shoe vein. Anyway, I stumbled across a great pair when I stopped into a store in the west village a few weeks ago. The owner of the store was kind of nuts, and more than a little rude, so I made a mental note of the name inside the shoes while making my escape.

A google search later, I found out they are on amazon:
I like almost everything about them; the textured upper with patent wingtip, the shoelace-lessness, and the brown leather sole. Summer!

No comments: